Support the podcast
- Check out a free issue of the MASS Research Review. If you’re interested in taking advantage of our MASS Black Friday sale (November 22 – November 29), you can learn more and subscribe here.
- MacroFactor: Learn more about our MacroFactor diet app. To join in on the MacroFactor conversation, check out our Facebook group and subreddit.
- Sign up for the Research Spotlight newsletter: If you’d like to receive our Research Spotlight emails, sign up for our email list.
- Join the community: To join in on the SBS conversation, check out our Facebook group and subreddit.
- Bulk Supplements: Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
Road to the Stage (4:45)
Road to Athens (12:19)
Feats of Strength (19:50)
MASS Research Roundup (27:59)
Eric’s study roundup (p-ratios, plant-based protein, carbs for lifters, effects of diet on testosterone, emerging supplements) (29:42)
Partial Range of Motion Training Might Increase Muscle Growth (If You Do the Right Type of Partials) (57:55)
- Partial Range of Motion Training Elicits Favorable Improvements in Muscular Adaptations When Carried Out at Long Muscle Lengths. Pedrosa et al. (2021)
- Elbow Joint Angles in Elbow Flexor Unilateral Resistance Exercise Training Determine Its Effects on Muscle Strength and Thickness of Trained and Non-trained Arms. Sato et al. (2021)
Does the Interference Effect Get Larger as Training Status Increases? (1:19:27)
- Development of Maximal Dynamic Strength During Concurrent Resistance and Endurance Training in Untrained, Moderately Trained, and Trained Individuals: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Petré et al. (2021)
Does Eccentric Training Always Cause More Muscle Damage? (1:32:33)
- Eccentric Exercise Per Se Does Not Affect Muscle Damage Biomarkers: Early and Late Phase Adaptations. Margaritelis et al. (2020)
Any concerns regarding upper limits for soy intake? (1:52:45)
On the topic of intra-workout carbohydrate beverages: are fancy carb sources actually better, or would a traditional sports beverage be equally effective? (2:02:18)
- Recommendations for carb intake during exercise
To Play Us Out: Focus-Enhancing Music (2:12:35)