To take advantage of our big MASS Black Friday sale (Nov 25 – Dec 2), go here.
0:01:29 Feats of Strength
0:11:57 Research roundup
0:16:07 Castro et al: Comparative Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Concentrated, Hydrolyzed, and Isolated Whey Protein Supplementation on Body Composition of Physical Activity Practitioners
0:36:02 Update on Phototherapy
- Photobiomodulation in human muscle tissue: an advantage in sports performance? Ferraresi
- Effect of low-level laser therapy on muscle adaptation to knee extensor eccentric training. Baroni.
- Effects of Light-Emitting Diode Therapy on Muscle Hypertrophy, Gene Expression, Performance, Damage, and Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness: Case-control Study with a Pair of Identical Twins. Ferraresi
- Effects of low level laser therapy (808 nm) on physical strength training in humans. Ferraresi
- Low level laser therapy associated with a strength training program on muscle performance in elderly women: a randomized double blind control study. Toma
1:02:08 Macklin et al: A Meta-Analytical Review of Muscle Glycogen Replenishment
1:15:15 Pickering & Grgic: Is Coffee a Useful Source of Caffeine Preexercise?
1:21:55 Owen: Which specific modes of exercise training are most effective for treating low back pain? Network meta-analysis
1:30:04 To Play Us Out: Reminder about MASS Black Friday sale (Nov 25 – Dec 2)
1:31:47 Interview with Ben Pollack
1:31:58 What is your background?
1:34:28 PowerBuilding: Are you 50/50, or do you prefer one more than the other?
1:35:49 How do you generally set up a powerbuilding program? How does it change as short-term focus shifts from one sport to the other?
1:43:58 How do you feel about recent opinion papers suggesting that the change in muscle size over a training career is virtually unrelated to changes in strength?
1:48:04 Do you think most bodybuilders would benefit from adopting certain aspects of powerlifting training?
1:49:24 Do you think most powerlifters would benefit from adopting certain aspects of bodybuilding training?
1:53:19 As someone who has a foot in both communities, what are things that bodybuilders don’t understand about powerlifting? What are things that powerlifters don’t understand about bodybuilders?
1:56:04 What is physical culture?
1:57:28 Why pursue physical culture as an academic pursuit? Why is it important?
2:00:26 What are the roots of physical culture in the West? What are some major physical culture traditions elsewhere that people may not be aware of?
2:08:03 Why did you choose to study Jack LaLanne?
2:23:39 What is your favorite lifter (or lifting achievement) that most people have never heard about?
2:26:50 How have opinions on strength training changed over time? How has media portrayal of strength training changed over time?
2:32:59 Where can people find you online?