Time Stamps, Sources, and Links
What’s on your mind? (0:22)
Recommended products and more from the SBS team (8:16)
- Work with a Stronger By Science coach: Get personalized training and nutrition plans and ongoing support from one of our expert coaches.
- Try MacroFactor for free: Use code SBS to get a 14-day free trial of our nutrition app MacroFactor. MacroFactor has the fastest food logger on the market and its smart nutrition coach adapts to your metabolism to keep you on track with your goals. Download it today on the App Store or Google Play.
- Join the Research Spotlight newsletter: Get a two-minute breakdown of one recent study every Wednesday. Our newsletter is the easiest way to stay up to date with the latest exercise and nutrition science.
- Join the SBS Facebook group and Subreddit.
- BulkSupplements: Next time you stock up on supplements, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
- MASS Research Review: Subscribe to the MASS Research Review to get concise and applicable breakdowns of the latest strength, physique, and nutrition research – delivered monthly.
Introduction to the micronutrient discussion (11:25)
What are essential nutrients in the first place? What does it mean to call a nutrient essential? (21:28)
- Creatine intake and depression
- Creatine treatment for depression
- Further perspective on creatine potentially being conditionally essential
Essential Fatty Acids (1:57:21)
- Note: I Googled it, and Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet. Apologies to the Greeks.
Essential Amino Acids (2:01:57)
- Dietary fiber is NOT an essential nutrient
- “Fiber is an essential nutrient”
- Where did all the coal come from
- Cool video about resistant starch
Q&A Question: What’s the best way to train for bone health? Are plyometrics safe and effective for people in their 60s? (2:28:56)
- Want to get your question answered on the show? Send a voice memo to email@example.com