As a child I was overweight and inactive, so I started to teach myself about training and nutrition which sparked my desire learn so I could help others learn about taking charge of their well-being. This led to the decision to pursue a PhD in Exercise Science.
I have been and am currently heavily involved with research regarding muscular strength and hypertrophy, but I would say I am mainly focused on providing practical research that will lead to everyone understanding the importance and fun of resistance training.
Outside of school, I currently train clients from all ranges of strength levels whether it be those just getting into strength training or have a desire to compete in powerlifting/bodybuilding. As for my own training, I have competed in powerlifting before and plan to compete in bodybuilding in the future.
My background in education and research provides a strong foundation for my coaching along with the practical experiences I have had. I thoroughly enjoy all forms of teaching and for me, coaching is just another vehicle of that. I believe in providing an environment that fosters an inquisitive/growth mindset all while enjoying the process along the way.
Education & Certifications
- PhD Candidate Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand (2019-2022 anticipated])
Major: Sport and Exercise Science
Major Professor: Eric Helms, Ph.D.
- M.S. Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL. August 2018
Major: Exercise Physiology
Major Professor: Michael Zourdos, Ph.D.
- B.S. University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI May 2016
Major: Kinesiology with a specialization in Applied Exercise Science
Major Professor: Disa Hatfield, Ph.D.
Minor: Leadership Studies
Completion of the Honours Program
- 5+ years of personal training experience, both in-person and online for training and nutrition
- Variety of experience levels: Beginner, intermediate, advanced, general resistance training, and competitive powerlifting
What to Expect
- Training and nutrition programs tailored to your specific goals and needs
- Programs with a strong foundation based on the current scientific literature with a focus on practicality
- A deep understanding on the WHY behind the choices being made for you programs to encourage personal growth and learning
- A reliable support system
- Find where your passion lies in resistance training and emphasize the enjoyment of this lifelong journey of health and wellness
Get Personalized Strength, Physique, and Nutrition Coaching
There are three easy steps for getting started with an SBS coach.
1. Fill out the short application form.
We’ll ask you about your goals and training history. The application contains about 20 questions. You can find the application here.
2. We’ll match you with a coach.
The SBS coaching team will review your application, and you’ll be matched with the perfect coach to support your goals.
3. Your new coach will contact you.
Your new coach will contact you promptly to finalize the process, send you a secure payment link, and get started with your programming.
Or, apply here to get started as soon as possible.