Road to the Stage / Road to Athens (2:27)
Feats of Strength (8:14)
Coach’s Corner: Troubleshooting weight loss plateaus (24:47)
- Adaptive thermogenesis in humans
- The Metabolic Adaptation Manual: Problems, Solutions, And Life After Weight Loss
- Daily energy expenditure through the human life course
- Energy compensation and adiposity in humans
- Energy compensation and metabolic adaptation: “The Biggest Loser” study reinterpreted
- Physical Activity and Total Daily Energy Expenditure in Older US Adults: Constrained versus Additive Models
- Acute Behavior of Oxygen Consumption, Lactate Concentrations, and Energy Expenditure During Resistance Training: Comparisons Among Three Intensities
- Homeostatic and non-homeostatic appetite control along the spectrum of physical activity levels: An updated perspective
The general approach (28:39)
Issues with “tough love” in coaching (31:19)
- How you provide corrective feedback makes a difference: the motivating role of communicating in an autonomy-supporting way
How to conduct an “energy audit” (38:42)
Drawing conclusions and planning solutions (54:35)
To Play Us Out: Unbelievable 40-yard dash times at the 2022 NFL combine (1:04:48)
- NFL Scouting Combine 2022 tracker: Measurements, top individual performances from NFL Draft prospects
Support the podcast
Join the Research Spotlight newsletter: Get a two-minute breakdown of one recent study every Wednesday. Our newsletter is the easiest way to stay up to date with the latest exercise and nutrition science.
- If you want to learn more about our MacroFactor diet app, check it out here.
- To join in on the MacroFactor conversation, check out our Facebook group and subreddit.
- Get personalized training and nutrition plans from our expert coaches: Learn more here
MASS Research Review
- Subscribe to the MASS Research Review to get concise and applicable breakdowns of the latest strength, physique, and nutrition research – delivered monthly.
- BulkSupplements: Next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
- Sports Nutrition Association: Learn more or become a member of SNA. The Sports Nutrition Association is dedicated to ensuring the sustainable prosperity of the Sports Nutrition Profession, and they offer a unique pathway to robust insurance coverage for your sports nutrition business.