Support the podcast
- If you want to learn more about our MacroFactor diet app, check it out here.
- To join in on the MacroFactor conversation, check out our Facebook group and subreddit.
MASS Research Review
- Subscribe to the MASS Research Review to get concise and applicable breakdowns of the latest strength, physique, and nutrition research – delivered monthly.
Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
Road to the Stage (1:12)
Feats of Strength (8:00)
SBS Article Discussion / Tech Support: Confirming MacroFactor’s top spot as the fastest food logger on the market (14:20)
Armchair Scientist’s Corner: The state of science, and rethinking the hierarchy of evidence (25:24)
- Tweet about systematic reviews and RCTs
- New evidence pyramid
- Many researchers were not compliant with their published data sharing statement: mixed-methods study
Once you set an initial daily calorie target based on your estimated total daily energy expenditure, how do you adjust your diet from there? (51:07)
Can you actually “use” the extra water that’s associated with intramuscular creatine storage? (55:37)
What does the research on the cognitive benefits of creatine supplementation look like these days? (59:10)
Is there any detriment to mouth breathing versus nose breathing? (1:10:04)
Why do some people assume that many health-oriented nutrition principles don’t apply to them just because they’re lean, well-trained, or physically active? (1:16:18)
To Play Us Out: The history of exercise physiology (1:30:58)