Get new episodes delivered to your podcast feed by subscribing on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts
Support the Podcast
Receive our Research Spotlight newsletter, and check out our Facebook group and subreddit.
- If you want to learn more about our MacroFactor diet app, check it out here.
- To join in on the MacroFactor conversation, check out our Facebook group and subreddit.
Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
Feats of Strength (7:50)
How do protein requirements scale for people of differing body size and body composition? (14:13)
- The response of muscle protein synthesis following whole-body resistance exercise is greater following 40 g than 20 g of ingested whey protein
- A systematic review, meta-analysis and meta-regression of the effect of protein supplementation on resistance training-induced gains in muscle mass and strength in healthy adults
- Indicator Amino Acid-Derived Estimate of Dietary Protein Requirement for Male Bodybuilders on a Nontraining Day Is Several-Fold Greater than the Current Recommended Dietary Allowance
- Protein to Maximize Whole-Body Anabolism in Resistance-trained Females after Exercise
How much can muscle fiber type vary between individuals? What factors determine or influence an individual’s fiber type distribution? How can an individual determine their approximate fiber type ratio for a given muscle, and how would this influence their approach to training? (40:56)
How concerned should we be about a new study linking artificial sweeteners to increased risk of cancer? (58:24)
- Artificial sweeteners and cancer risk: Results from the NutriNet-Santé population-based cohort study
- Sugary drink consumption and risk of cancer: results from NutriNet-Santé prospective cohort
Aside from performance, what are the health-related risks and benefits associated with dietary nitrate intake? Do the risks and benefits differ when comparing nitrate-rich vegetables to cured meats containing nitrate? (1:19:35)
- Inorganic nitrite and nitrate: evidence to support consideration as dietary nutrients
- Dietary Nitrates, Nitrites, and Nitrosamines Intake and the Risk of Gastric Cancer: A Meta-Analysis
To Play Us Out: Stuff Eric learned about at the beach (1:33:14)