Free issue of MASS Research Review: Free PDF – Concise breakdowns of 10 recent training and nutrition studies.
Free research roundup emails (once or twice per month): Train smarter with our 28 free training programs & free research updates.
Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
Good news: New SBS coaches, updates on the diet app! (1:26)
- Eric’s good news article: After researchers implanted microchips into his brain, a paralyzed man was able to write with his mind
Feats of Strength (20:25)
Research Roundup: Beta-Alanine (25:08)
- International society of sports nutrition position stand: Beta-Alanine
- Acute pre-exercise supplementation of combined carnosine and anserine enhances initial maximal power of Wingate tests in humans
- A kinetic model of carnosine synthesis in human skeletal muscle
- The Muscle Carnosine Response to Beta-Alanine Supplementation: A Systematic Review With Bayesian Individual and Aggregate Data E-Max Model and Meta-Analysis
- Kinetics of Muscle Carnosine Decay after β-Alanine Supplementation: A 16-wk Washout Study
Research Roundup (several topics) (1:00:57):
Effects of strength on hypertrophy potential (1:01:14)
- Lean Body Mass and Muscle Cross-Sectional Area Adaptations Among College Age Males with Different Strength Levels across 11 Weeks of Block Periodized Programmed Resistance Training
Squat sticking point (1:10:35)
- New insights about the sticking region in back squats: an analysis of kinematics, kinetics, and myoelectric activity around the sticking region.
Training frequency (1:20:23)
- Effects of Variations in Resistance Training Frequency on Strength Development in Well-Trained Populations and Implications for In-Season Athlete Training: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
History of strength training research (1:24:05)
- History of Strength Training Research in Man: An Inventory and Quantitative Overview of Studies Published in English Between 1894 and 1979
Impact of COVID-19 on training behaviors (1:33:33)
- The Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Related Public-Health Measures on Training Behaviours of Individuals Previously Participating in Resistance Training: A Cross-Sectional Survey Study
Effects of non-nutritive sweeteners on body weight (1:38:12)
- Effects of nonnutritive sweeteners on body weight and BMI in diverse clinical contexts: Systematic review and meta-analysis
Coach’s Corner: Modified pressing variations in response to shoulder/elbow discomfort (1:44:35)
What’s the most ludicrous programming or workout you’ve ever heard of or seen with your own eyes? (1:50:49)
Can you HIIT yourself into marathon shape? (2:02:37)
Best tendon strengthening protocol? (2:11:45)
If you could redesign the Presidential Fitness Test to be science-based, what exercises would you select to assess physical fitness? (2:14:45)