If you’d like to receive Research Roundup emails, please sign up for our email list.
Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
0:02:33 Good news
0:08:43 Feats of Strength
0:09:58 Research Review: High-protein diets and kidney function. Studies discussed:
- High-protein diet is bad for kidney health: unleashing the taboo
- High-protein diet with renal hyperfiltration is associated with rapid decline rate of renal function: a community-based prospective cohort study
- Dietary protein intake and kidney function decline after myocardial infarction: the Alpha Omega Cohort
0:48:57 Research Review: Dietary cholesterol and training adaptations. Studies discussed:
- Comparison of whole egg v. egg white ingestion during 12 weeks of resistance training on skeletal muscle regulatory markers in resistance-trained men
- Consumption of whole eggs promotes greater stimulation of postexercise muscle protein synthesis than consumption of isonitrogenous amounts of egg whites in young men
- Dietary Cholesterol Affects Skeletal Muscle Protein Synthesis Following Acute Resistance Exercise
- Effect of Dietary Cholesterol on Muscle Hypertrophy with Resistance Training
- Moderately increased protein intake predominately from egg sources does not influence whole body, regional, or muscle composition responses to resistance training in older people
- Statins and Dietary and Serum Cholesterol Are Associated With Increased Lean Mass Following Resistance Training
1:29:14 Is there a simple way to judge if I’m gaining too much fat during a bulk?
1:41:52 When we talk about CNS fatigue, what are we actually talking about mechanistically? Is there anything we can specifically do to improve CNS recovery?
1:55:56 Rapid fire for Eric:
- Is there any benefit regarding creatine cycling?
- What’s your take on supplementing with leucine at every meal to optimize MPS?
- Does the effect of citrulline malate decrease with continuous use?
- If you are supplementing with collagen to help repair soft tissue and possibly mitigate pain, do you think it would be beneficial to antagonize the problem areas during your workouts to elicit an inflammatory response?
- For body comp and performance purposes, what are your thoughts on “behavior based” dietary interventions, rather than focusing solely on macro targets?
- Should athletes focused on cutting weight in a caloric deficit be worried about micronutrient deficiency?
2:04:46 To play us out: Off-topic question – Given how you both train, what’s the biggest animal you think you could fight with caveman technology and win?