If you’d like to receive Research Roundup emails, please sign up for our email list.
Finally, next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
0:00:33 Intro/Announcements, and a major correction
0:01:55 Good news
0:13:59 Selling Out
0:21:35 Feats of Strength
0:26:29 Research Review
0:26:45 Optimal breakfast to fuel training
- Breakfast Omission Reduces Subsequent Resistance Exercise Performance
- Viscous placebo and carbohydrate breakfasts similarly decrease appetite and increase resistance exercise performance compared with a control breakfast in trained males
- Omission of a carbohydrate-rich breakfast impairs evening endurance exercise performance despite complete dietary compensation at lunch
0:42:23 Glycine supplementation for tendons and ligaments
- High glycine concentration increases collagen synthesis by articular chondrocytes in vitro: acute glycine deficiency could be an important cause of osteoarthritis
- A weak link in metabolism: the metabolic capacity for glycine biosynthesis does not satisfy the need for collagen synthesis
- Minimizing Injury and Maximizing Return to Play: Lessons from Engineered Ligaments
1:02:01 Ant-Man Wilks score revisited
1:03:57 Can you rank cooking methods from best to worst in terms of how they impact micronutrient content?
1:07:43 If strength/size gains come back relatively quickly after a cut, is there any benefit to cutting at a less conservative pace in order to spend a higher percentage of the year in a lean bulking phase?
1:20:23 Is flywheel training good for hypertrophy?
1:26:15 It is necessary to cycle caffeine for its ergogenic effects?
1:36:10 Are muscle knots and trigger points “real” and worth caring about?
1:44:40 To play us out: Crabs