- Submit a question for a future Q&A segment: tiny.cc/sbsqa
- Recommend someone for a future “On the Rise” segment: tiny.cc/creators
- Receive Research Roundup emails: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/newsletter/
0:02:44 Good news
- SBD replacing Metal singlets and DL socks for lifters who bought them in the past year
- Bionic Eye, As Sensitive as The Human Retina, May Give Sight to Millions
- Simple Injection Could Be the Cure for Wrestlers and Athletes Suffering From ‘Cauliflower Ear’
0:10:16 Feats of Strength
0:19:58 SBS Article Discussion: Betaine
0:26:14 Broader discussion on research interpretation. Subtopics include:
- How much do conflicts of interest matter? Are some conflicts more notable than others?
- When do we have enough evidence to justify trying something that’s unproven?
- When do we have enough evidence to conclude that something definitely doesn’t work?
- Historical perspectives: How did the steroid, creatine, caffeine, and citrulline malate literature develop over time? What would have been some ramifications of forming conclusions too quickly as the initial studies came out?
1:01:46 Other recent SBS articles:
- Returning to Training After a Break (By Dr. Mike Zourdos and the MASS team)
- Risks of Returning to Training (By Dr. Jason Eure, DPT)
1:05:37 Research Roundup
- Sign up to receive research roundup emails.
- 1:06:16 Vitamin C and recovery (Study, SBS article)
- 1:12:00 Sodium bicarbonate supplementation and strength/muscular endurance (Study 1, Study 2)
- 1:28:53 Effect size discussion. Power analysis for interactions.
1:37:54 To play us out: A few off-topic questions.
- Will you guys rescind your statements about liking Rage Against the Machine now that it has come out that they are actually leftists?
- How do you maintain focus while doing work very late at night?
- What’s your favorite method for making coffee?