Pelvic health (incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic floor dysfunction, and more) (0:00:49).
Unbelievable prevalence statistics related to pelvic health in female athletes (0:15:26).
Lifting and pregnancy: First trimester (0:39:38).
Lifting and pregnancy: Second trimester (0:55:00).
Lifting and pregnancy: Third trimester (1:02:31).
Lifting and pregnancy: After childbirth (1:09:57).
Other “blind spots” that male coaches should know about (1:27:51).
Contact information and resources (1:35:15).
Links to resources
Guidelines for pre- and postnatal exercise:
- Canadian guidelines for exercise in pregnancy/postnatal period: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/52/21/1339.
- BJSM/IOC guidelines for exercise in pregnancy for recreational and elite athletes: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/50/10/571.
Free resources for continued learning:
- GGS Free 5-day course: What You Must Know About Pelvic Health: https://go.girlsgonestrong.com/pelvic-health-free-course.
- GGS Free 5-day course: Exercises Your Clients Should Do and Avoid During and After Pregnancy: https://go.girlsgonestrong.com/cppc-free-course-exercises-do-avoid.
- Podcast: Women’s Health Podcast with Marika Hart and Antony Lo: https://womenshealthpodcast.info/.
- Free FB Group: GGS Coaching & Training Women: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GGSCoachingandTrainingWomen/.
Paid resource for continued learning:
- Certification: Girls Gone Strong’s Pre- & Postnatal Coaching Certification: http://girlsgonestrong.com/cppc.