If you’d like to submit a question for a future Q&A segment, please go to tiny.cc/sbsqa
If you’d like to recommend someone for a future “On the Rise” segment, please go to tiny.cc/creators
Finally, keep an eye out for some extra, off-topic episodes in the days to come.
0:01:35 News and Announcements
0:06:55 Coach’s Corner
0:07:00 Supporting immune function
0:20:29 Home-based workouts with no (or minimal) equipment
0:48:20 Good News
- 0:54:26 What is the evidence around nutrition and injury prevention or recovery? Specifically, is there any research on prolonged cuts and effect on risk of injury?
- 1:00:05 Should long-limbed lifters train differently than lifters with more typical proportions? Does this advice change if the focus is strength versus hypertrophy?
- 1:17:29 Two protein questions. 1) There are huge discrepancies with protein recommendations. Some organizations recommend as low as 0.36g per pound, but some bodybuilders eat 400-500g per day. Where is the sweet spot, and is it possible to over-do it? 2) For my total daily protein intake, should I only count proteins from animal and dairy sources, since they are considered “high-quality” or “complete” proteins?
- 1:30:57 Is there enough evidence to justify modifying training to include some bench pressing with a particularly long range of motion? For example, adding in some bench pressing with a flatter back arch and narrower grip?
- 1:41:13 I am currently taking a stim-free fat burner with several ingredients, and I feel like it helps curb my appetite. Are these ingredients actually doing anything, or am I just wasting my money?
1:52:46 To Play Us Out: How to make risotto