If you’d like to submit a question for a future Q&A segment, please go to tiny.cc/sbsqa
If you’d like to recommend someone for a future “On the Rise” segment, please go to tiny.cc/creators
0:00:59 New program for sale: Average to Savage 2.0
0:05:30 Lamenting the untimely terminations of the Klobuchar and Bloomberg campaigns
0:07:29 Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts the fitness world. (Article from Beth Skwarecki)
0:13:20 Feats of Strength
0:35:31 Research Roundup
- The stress of chess players as a model to study the effects of psychological stimuli on physiological responses: an example of substrate oxidation and heart rate variability in man (Link).
- Effect of acute antagonist static stretching on upper-body agonist power (Link).
- Profiles of Heart Rate Variability and Bar Velocity following Resistance Exercise (Link).
- 0:59:49 Advice for reducing the interference effect for recreational lifters?
- 1:10:31 Do you need to worry about your muscle fiber type when it comes to power and rate of force development? From a training perspective, what can be done to improve power and rate of force development?
- 1:27:59 Given its osmolytic properties, could taking trimethylglycine (betaine) during “peak week” be a good idea for natural bodybuilders? Has it been tried before?
- 1:45:15 Are programs limited by our natural tendency to think in weeks? Could it be beneficial to have microcycles that last, for example, 5 days or 9 days?
1:52:21 On the Rise? Marco Sterpa
- Science to Muscle on YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJ5Mu0exw8ol89Y3Vu8FfA
1:57:10 On the Rise: Travis Pollen
2:01:00 To Play Us Out
- Sources of fun, informative educational content that is not fitness-related