0:01:19 Greg’s formal apology
0:05:50 Feats of strength
0:17:52 Hot Off The Press: High fructose diets
- Smajis et al. Metabolic effects of a prolonged, very-high-dose dietary fructose challenge in healthy subjects
0:23:17 Hot Off The Press: Greg’s knee sleeve hypothesis. Studies referenced:
- Biomechanical modeling of deep squatting: Effects of the interface contact between posterior thigh and shank
- Acute effects of knee wraps/sleeve on kinetics, kinematics and muscle forces during the barbell back squat
0:33:50 Research Roundup: Weight loss success is highly, highly individual
- Ortega-Santos et al. The Key to Successful Weight Loss on a High-Fiber Diet May Be in Gut Microbiome Prevotella Abundance
- Hollstein et al. Metabolic response to fasting predicts weight gain during low-protein overfeeding in lean men: further evidence for spendthrift and thrifty metabolic phenotypes
- Buckland et al. Women with a low-satiety phenotype show impaired appetite control and greater resistance to weight loss
- Yokum and Stice. Weight gain is associated with changes in neural response to palatable food tastes varying in sugar and fat and palatable food images: a repeated-measures fMRI study
- Klatzkin et al. Negative affect is associated with increased stress-eating for women with high perceived life stress
1:00:58 The incomplete list of things that affect weight loss variability
1:11:55 To Play Us Out: Turkey roasting tips
1:25:40 Interview with James Krieger
1:28:32 Insulin hypothesis: Definition and shortcomings
1:47:20 Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) and weight loss/weight regain
2:10:06 Body composition measurement
- What are the most accurate methods?
- How bad is too bad for individual use?
- Alberto Nunez DEXA
2:19:25 Research in exercise science/sports nutrition
- Biggest area requiring improvement?
- What trends or changes do you hope or expect to see in the near future?
2:42:35 As a coach, do you use any strategies that lack scientific substantiation, or even “go against the grain” of the current consensus in the evidence-based fitness community?
2:46:49 Where can people find James online?