Origins of meta-analyses (6:15)
New study on meta-analysis errors (11:53)
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Common Errors in Meta-Analyses and Meta-Regressions in Strength & Conditioning Research
The most common errors (17:10)
Interpretation and conclusions (29:22)
Defining “motivation” (50:11)
Goal setting (52:51)
- An Evidence-Based Approach To Goal Setting And Behavior Change
- How Focusing on Superordinate Goals Motivates Broad, Long-Term Goal Pursuit: A Theoretical Perspective
Self-determination theory (1:06:07)
- Self-Determination Theory
- Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being
- Building a science of motivated persons: Self-determination theory’s empirical approach to human experience and the regulation of behavior.
Psychological needs (competence, relatedness, autonomy) (1:11:18)
The COM-B model of behavior change (1:29:19)
- The behaviour change wheel: A new method for characterising and designing behaviour change interventions
Practical application: a unified model combining goal hierarchies, self-determination theory, and the COM-B model of behavior change (1:37:30)
Support the podcast
Join the Research Spotlight newsletter: Get a two-minute breakdown of one recent study every Wednesday. Our newsletter is the easiest way to stay up to date with the latest exercise and nutrition science.
- If you want to learn more about our MacroFactor diet app, check it out here.
- To join in on the MacroFactor conversation, check out our Facebook group and subreddit.
- Get personalized training and nutrition plans from our expert coaches: Learn more here
MASS Research Review
- Subscribe to the MASS Research Review to get concise and applicable breakdowns of the latest strength, physique, and nutrition research – delivered monthly.
- BulkSupplements: Next time you stock up on supplements from BulkSupplements.com, be sure to use the promo code “SBSPOD” (all caps) to get 5% off your entire order.
- Sports Nutrition Association: Learn more or become a member of SNA. The Sports Nutrition Association is dedicated to ensuring the sustainable prosperity of the Sports Nutrition Profession, and they offer a unique pathway to robust insurance coverage for your sports nutrition business.