Coach Lauren Colenso-Semple
Lauren is currently pursuing a PhD in Integrative Physiology at McMaster University. Her research focuses on the impact of exercise, nutrition, and hormones on skeletal muscle. Lauren has worked with hundreds of clients in person and online, including recreational lifters, moms-to-be, and aspiring powerlifters and physique athletes.
As a researcher, student, and teacher, I strive to implement a truly evidence-based approach to coaching. We will work together to set appropriate goals and timeframes, establish parameters for tracking progress, and utilize your feedback to adjust the program. I believe a collaborative coach-client relationship with effective communication is key to facilitating a client’s long-term success.
- PhD (in progress), Integrative Physiology, McMaster University
- MS, Exercise Science, University of South Florida
- BA, Psychology, Nutrition, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- Certified Sports Nutritionist (International Society of Sports Nutrition)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor (American Council on Exercise)
What to Expect
- A collaborative, supportive coach-client relationship
- Individualized, evidence-based programming
- Clear communication
Get Personalized Strength, Physique, and Nutrition Coaching
There are three easy steps for getting started with an SBS coach.
1. Fill out the short application form.
We’ll ask you about your goals and training history. The application contains about 20 questions.
2. We’ll match you with a coach.
The SBS coaching team will review your application, and you’ll be matched with the perfect coach to support your goals.
3. Your new coach will contact you.
Your new coach will contact you promptly to answer any questions, finalize the process, and get started with your programming.