Jason has a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from the University of St. Augustine and works with hundreds of athletes every year to navigate their current states to return to (and thrive in) their respective sports. Jason is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and USA Weightlifting Level 1 coach who acts as the strength coach for a local national-level swim club year-round.
Education and Certifications
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, 2013
- Bachelor’s Degree, Human Nutrition Foods and Exercise, Virginia Tech, 2011
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Coach
- Clinic Director and treating Physical Therapist, 5+ years
- Strength and Conditioning Coach for national-level swim club, 2+ years
- Online training/programming consultations, 3+ years.
- Developed and taught continuing education courses regarding tendinopathy management in athletes and return-to-sport rehabilitation to physical therapists around the country
- Online Instructor, Evidence-Informed Practice, The University of St. Augustine, 2 years
- Strength and Conditioning Intern: University of Richmond and Virginia Tech, 2 years
What to expect:
- Wellness and performance consultations which may or may not include discussions pertaining to your current challenges, limitations, and goals.
- Video calls for science-based discussions regarding your current questions and concerns.
- Individualized training plans which match your current capacity with your intended goals.
- Frequent check-ins to tailor programming based on your individual response.
- Prompt response times (within 24 hours).
Note: Services are not intended to replicate or replace a consultation with a trained medical professional. Services are not meant to diagnose or rehabilitate any injured individuals.
What Jason’s clients say:
“I’ve been able to break out of an endless cycle of training, injury and having to take time off from training only to start again from scratch. The programming provided by Jason has been challenging and fun, and I always feel like I’m making progress week to week. Jason has helped me increase my size and strength, all while working around my hectic work schedule and providing flexible communication and feedback in a format that works well for me. During the pandemic lockdowns, Jason was able to guide me through effective training despite equipment limitations.”
– George Nau
“I grew stronger on selected lifts while eating at maintenance. During the subsequent bulk, I made significant hypertrophy and strength progress on my lacking bodyparts and all around, while slowly reintroducing exercises I have not been able to do in years due to prior injuries. After 10 years of lifting, I was pleasantly surprised that I had so many gains left in me and I would go as far as saying that hiring a coach is the best decision I have made throughout my fitness journey. The results speak for themselves since I am in the best shape I have ever been and this has been achieved while I was in a stressful environment of working, finishing my graduate degree and lockdown with only partial access to the gym.”
Get Personalized Strength, Physique, and Nutrition Coaching
There are three easy steps for getting started with an SBS coach.
1. Fill out the short application form.
We’ll ask you about your goals and training history. The application contains about 20 questions. You can find the application here.
2. We’ll match you with a coach.
The SBS coaching team will review your application, and you’ll be matched with the perfect coach to support your goals.
3. Your new coach will contact you.
Your new coach will contact you promptly to finalize the process, send you a secure payment link, and get started with your programming.
Or, apply here to get started as soon as possible.