I am not your prototypical athlete. I was not raised to compete in sports, and strength has not come naturally to me. I have dedicated my education, training, and career to helping people like me reach their potential regardless of their starting point.
Though I began my career in personal training, my fascination with the dynamic interaction between the foods we take in and our performance, recovery and body composition led me to pursue a graduate education in nutrition. I pride myself on my ability to blend evidence-based practices with the very individual and emotional art that is our diet.
I feel that the human element of diet is often ignored, and use my unique skillset to help clients design a diet plan they not only enjoy, but that works with their own physiology and still delivers results. Additionally, my education and experience as a dietitian allow me to help clients navigate through deficiencies and other medical issues as they maximize their goals and performance.
- Master of Public Health, Human Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Advanced placement internship with Duke Sports Nutrition, Durham, NC
- Clinical Internship Placement – Caromont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia, NC
- Registered Dietitian – Certified by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist – Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition
- 14+ years working with athletes from high school to the professional level in both team and individual sports.
- 7+ years as a Registered Dietitian providing nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy.
- 5 years as an online strength and nutrition coach.
- 16 years of strength and endurance training.
- Competed in over 20 local and national strongman competitions with 15 podium finishes.
What to Expect
- Initial phone call, Facetime or Skype to discuss client goals, assess their needs and nutritional status.
- Individualized diet planning including macronutrient needs, micronutrient considerations, nutrient timing and optimal supplementation protocols.
- A customized training program adjusted weekly according to exercise, nutrition and lifestyle performance.
- Check-ins are weekly through Google documents. I provide a template for you to fill out on a weekly basis to give me the data I work with.
- Communication is highly encouraged. Clients may email me with questions, concerns and updates. I respond within 24 hours, and check my client emails once per day.
Get Personalized Strength, Physique, and Nutrition Coaching
There are three easy steps for getting started with an SBS coach.
1. Fill out the short application form.
We’ll ask you about your goals and training history. The application contains about 20 questions.
2. We’ll match you with a coach.
The SBS coaching team will review your application, and you’ll be matched with the perfect coach to support your goals.
3. Your new coach will contact you.
Your new coach will contact you promptly to answer any questions, finalize the process, and get started with your programming.