Services: Nutrition and Training Programming, Training Data Analytics and Monitoring.
“I am a scientist first and a coach second. I have a passion for positively impacting the lives of people through providing critically thought-out, data-driven, scientifically sound nutrition and training programming services that equip individuals to successfully achieve their performance and/or physique goals. I seek to offer the best service within my power and I am confident, given my background, education, experience, and relentless pursuit of knowledge pertaining to human physiology and the training process, that I can provide you with the nutrition and/or training programming to realize great results. Feel free to contact me with any questions.”
- Online Coaching: 3 years (2014-current).
- In-Person Coaching: 5 years coaching/personal training hundreds of athletes and/or clients at various fitness centers and institutions (2012-current).
- Head Strength & Conditioning Coach: 2 years, Auburn University Olympic Training Site, USA Team Handball (2015-2017).
- Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach, Sport Scientist: 2 years, East Tennessee State University, Olympic Sports (2013-2015).
- Sport Nutrition Consultant: 1 year, East Tennessee University Olympic Training Site, Weightlifters (2014-2015).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise and Sport Science, Cum Laude Graduate. East Tennessee State University, 2013.
- Master’s Degree in Kinesiology, Concentration: Sport Physiology and Performance. East Tennessee State University, 2015.
- Current: 3rd year Doctoral Student in the Molecular and Applied Sciences Laboratory at Auburn University.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association, 2013.
What to Expect
- Data-driven programming based on specific responses to initial questionnaire.
- If desired, a phone or video conversation to clarify programming parameters.
- An advanced, efficient, and user-friendly template structure for nutrition and training programming. This involves an easy client data entry process which I'll be consistently monitoring and performing data analytic procedures on in way of optimizing programming variables.
Training Template (includes but isn't limited to):
- Resistance training (RT) and/or conditioning programming (CP).
- RT parameter programming includes: exercises, sets, reps, load predictions,session density suggestions, RPE proxies, and more pertinent items.
- CP parameters including: mode, intensity, duration, HR data, calorie expenditures, and more pertinent items.
- Body weight/progress tracking features with program overviews for clarity of progress and future aims.
Nutrition Template (includes but isn't limited to):
- Calorie and macronutrient recommended totals and serving breakdowns based on specific goals.
- Nutrient timing strategies.
- Example food lists and amounts based upon totals and serving breakdowns.
- Supplement recommendations to augment recovery and adaptation to training.
Minimum durations of three months are recommended for more favorable outcomes. Discounted rates are available for basic nutrition recommendations involving only calories and macros and custom rates are available for advanced training data analytics, consultations, or monitoring services. Emails and/or video consultations occur on an as-needed basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often are check-ins?
I prefer requisite data entry from clients daily by, during and/or closely after each training session, logging in and editing the training template. This is closely monitored to ensure progression. Clients are expected to enter the following data on a regular basis:
- Fasted, morning bodyweight entry.
- Relevant RPE data (set and/or session difficulty ratings).
- Weights used during each set of each exercise in order to calculate and monitor training volume load and other parameters.
- Fasted, morning bodyweight entry.
- Relevant energy expenditure and intake data, as necessary.
How do clients communicate with you?
They will have my personal cell phone number and my personal email. I welcome regular communication to ensure they understand what is expected and can ask any questions, as needed. They will have my personal cell phone number and my personal email. I don't mind them having this and welcome regular communication to ensure they understand what is expected and can ask any questions, as needed.
What types of clients do you generally work with (athletes, gen. pop.)?
I have worked with clients ranging from professional athletes to grandparents in the past. I currently work with a variety of clientele and consider working with virtually any individual as long as they present the necessary commitment and willingness to begin. However, I would say my speciality is physique/bodybuilding show preparation and powerlifting programming. I also enjoy working with military personnel, police, and other individuals seeking concurrent training programming involving the combination of strength and/or power training with specialized conditioning (e.g., CrossFit competitors, team sport athletes, etc). Almost all of my current clientele fall into the following categories: powerlifters, bodybuilding/physique competitors, strength-power athletes, general population: fat-loss/health improvement.
I have worked with clients ranging from professional athletes to grandparents in the past. I currently work with a variety of clientele and don't mind working with virtually any individual as long as they present the necessary commitment and willingness to begin. However, the majority of my most recent clients fall into the following categories: strength-power athlete programming (D1 & professional level), powerlifting programming clients, bodybuilding & physique clients, and fat loss clients (general population).
What's your planning process for clients?
I plan with long-term development in mind, typically using a phase-potentiated, block periodization model. Thus, each block is programmed to build upon the prior and conjugates to the succeeding block. However, I don't mind expediting the process if a client simply wants to do 1-2 months of fat loss training and dieting, for example. I prefer to create an annual plan (12 months) in direct correspondence to the client's ultimate long-term goal – whatever that may be – while paying special attention to short-term goals. I employ a comprehensive initial questionnaire before any official programming to make sure it is based entirely on what the client is wanting and prefer to maintain regular email conversation and communication through templates to verify that things are going according to plan. Daily and/or weekly check-ins, and close monitoring of training parameters allows confident progression and a sense of clarity. My programming is data-driven and I seek to consistently improve the online service I offer through clear, user-friendly, advanced template structures in way of creating an efficient and effective experience for the client.